Conference date 17-19 September 2015
Deadline of abstract submission 30/6/2015
Deadline of research submission 3/9/2015
1. Language , literature and , cultural studies
– Cultural Studies: Definition and intentions.
– Cultural Studies and literary analysis.
– Cultural Studies and Linguistic analysis.
– Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA): Language in its Political and Economical Contexts.
– Discourse practice: Text as a product, recipient as a consumer .
– Popular Culture texts .
– Literature and Films Industry
2. Cultural Studies and Literary Criticism Theories
– Reader response theory.
– Culturally situated theory.
– Rhetorical Criticism .
– Feminist theory .
– New historicism .
– Mythological intertextuality .
– Genre overlapping .
– Critic function in the context of multiculturalism .
3. Literature between two cultures: central and marginal. (A critique of the category )
– Literature and gender differences: from masculinity to feminist participation.
– Literature and ethnic diversity.
– Orientalism and postcolonial literature.
– Literature and social class.
– Text between two cultures: Translation horizons.
4. Language from a multicultural perspective
– Comparative Linguistics .
– Language Structures and social structures: speculating ethnic groups representations in Language .
– Language between two ideological functions: Hegemony and oppression.
– Bilingualism , Diglossia , Language attraction and the issue of identity .
5. Multiculturalism and legacy : Dialectic of reception
– Acculturation and criticism terms in the Arabic Islamic Legacy.
– The presence of Arabic Literature in the mirror of Other: the case of the Andalusian Spectacle .
– Cultural categories of linguistic discourse in Arabic legacy.
– Multiculturalism in the legacy : the standing model (Travel Literature, Biographies ….. )