About the Faculty
The Faculty of Arts is one of the founding faculties of Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan, established at the beginning of the 1993-1994 academic year. As one of the first faculties, it has embodied the University’s vision to develop educated, skilled graduates able to meet societal challenges.
Grounded in Jordan’s Arab-Islamic heritage while looking to the future, the Faculty aims to produce not just subject experts but also good citizens. Its programs combine timeless principles with contemporary needs to prepare students for leadership in Jordan and the wider world.
To achieve excellence, the Faculty pursues quality teaching, innovative pedagogies, and impactful research. It regularly reviews and updates its curricula to align with labor market needs locally and globally. Through its diverse offerings and commitment to world-class scholarship, the Faculty continues working to realize the University’s founding vision.
Faculty Admission Requirements:
- admissions average for the general secondary certificate students is 60% in the scientific, literary, Sharia, information administration, and health branches. The number of credit hours for the B.A. degree in the College is 132 hours.
- An applicants should be a B.A. holder with a good academic standing or its equivalent as a minimum.
- B.A. holders with acceptable academic standing or its equivalent can join the M.A. program on the condition that they study 3 courses designated by the College council during the first semester. They have to pass each course with a grade of 70% or its equivalent. The accumulative average should be no less than 75%.
- If a student is admitted in a major different from his/her major in the B.A., the concerned department designates the necessary remedial courses. These courses should not be more than 9 credits.
- Students should successfully pass the international competency test of English i.e. TOEFL iBT or IELTS.
- The number of the credits of the M.A. program is 33 credits.
Departments of the Faculty:
- Department of Basic Sciences (Humanities and Scientific).
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature.
- Department of English Language and Literature:
- English Literature Program
- English <> Arabic Translation Program
- M.A. of English Literature
- Department of English and French and their Literature.
- Department of Classroom Teacher.