About the College
The College of Arts was established at the beginning of the academic year 1993/1994. There are currently 60 faculty members in the College. There are also 1,265 students, both males and females, studying in the following bachelor programs: Arabic language and literature, English language (literature and translation), classroom teacher, French and English Language and their literature. There is a master’s program in English literature. The College has constantly contributed to the development the Jordanian and Arab communities by providing them with qualified and creative expertise. So far, 25 cohorts graduated from the College, including: 5,786 B.A. students, and 27 M.A. students.
College Admission Requirements:
- admissions average for the general secondary certificate students is 60% in the scientific, literary, Sharia, information administration, and health branches. The number of credit hours for the B.A. degree in the College is 132 hours.
- An applicants should be a B.A. holder with a good academic standing or its equivalent as a minimum.
- B.A. holders with acceptable academic standing or its equivalent can join the M.A. program on the condition that they study 3 courses designated by the College council during the first semester. They have to pass each course with a grade of 70% or its equivalent. The accumulative average should be no less than 75%.
- If a student is admitted in a major different from his/her major in the B.A., the concerned department designates the necessary remedial courses. These courses should not be more than 9 credits.
- Students should successfully pass the international competency test of English i.e. TOEFL iBT or IELTS.
- The number of the credits of the M.A. program is 33 credits.
The most important academic and scholarly achievements of the College:
- In 2018, the College received the Quality Assurance Certificate issued by the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Commission for Higher Education Institutions.
- The College received the ISO9001 as part of Al Zaytoonah University.
- The College held Eight specialized conferences in the fields of Arabic, English, and Educational Sciences.
- Cultural and Academic exchange for both students and faculty members under the agreement that the College signed with renowned international universities such as Mawlana Agreement.
- Joining the Francophone University Agency.
Departments of the College:
- Department of Basic Sciences (Humanities and Scientific).
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature.
- Department of English Language and Literature:
- English Literature Program
- English <> Arabic Translation Program
- M.A. of English Literature
- Department of English and French and their Literature.
- Department of Classroom Teacher.